As part of our endeavors to prepare and support the next generation of journalists and talents from Arab Gulf States and wider Arab world, we offer remote internships in the following areas, throughout the year:
Interns will receive training in writing travel articles, opinion articles, feature interviews, and more. They will also be involved in editing and curating content for our platform and quarterly magazine issues, and will learn directly from our editors.
Interns will receive training from our editors in writing, editing and curating short stories, poems and reflections for our platform and quarterly magazine issues.
Illustration/ Graphic Design
Interns will receive training in illustrating/creating artworks for our articles, quarterly magazine issues and social media pages.
Interns will receive training in creating and editing videos/ podcasts.
Interns will receive training in content development and social media analysis.
- Applicants must be a minimum of 18 years old
- Applicants must be Arab or residents of an Arab country
- Applicants should preferably speak both Arabic and English
- Applicants should preferably have an academic or professional background in the following fields: media, journalism, Arabic Literature, English Literature, graphic design, film, the arts, marketing or other similar fields. However, we will consider applicants from other fields and backgrounds.
- Applicants must be able to commit a minimum of two months, in a full time or part time capacity (if students) in the event their application is successful.
What to submit
- A CV
- A cover letter
- A minimum of three samples of your work. For journalism interns, we are unable to accept academic essays. In the absence of previously written articles, please submit a 700-800 word opinion article on a topic of your choice. Browse through our platform to get an idea of the topics Sekka tackles.
- The dates you are available to intern from and to, by month.
All applications and attachments should be submitted in one e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org, titled ‘Interning with Sekka’.
What to expect from us
- All applications that are sent to us are reviewed by our team. If your application qualifies in the first round, we will e-mail you asking you for an online video interview. If you do not hear back from us within two months, please assume that your internship was unsuccessful.
- Should your application be successful and your internship period also be so, we will provide you with a letter of recommendation and any kind of support we can reasonably provide for your future endeavors.
Interning with the Khaleeji Art Museum
For those interested in interning at the Khaleeji Art Museum, our sister venture, please visit www.khaleejiartmuseum.com .