Want to be part of Sekka’s next issue? We are looking for:
Poems, as well as fictional and non-fictional short stories of various lengths, that creatively tackle the theme of Oman, however it is understood. Any submitted pieces must be previously unpublished or unshared, and must be no longer than 2000 words long. If you are interested in submitting, please send the work(s) in Microsoft document format, with its title(s), a short summary of the work(s) and your bio/CV on the following e-mail email@example.com. The last day for submissions is Thursday, 26 August 2021.
- We accept both Arabic and English submissions.
- Please limit the number of submissions to two.
- Submitters must be Omani or be residents of Oman, and be a minimum of 18 years old.
- At Sekka, we do not discuss or publish any topics that revolve around religion or politics. We also do not accept any work with reference to profanity.
- When submitting any work, please include the following in the e-mail title: “Contributing to the Next Issue” and then please insert your name.
- We receive many submissions, and we often have to decline good submissions due to time limitations or because they are not distinct enough for our readers. Because of the high volume of submissions we have to go through, please allow us up to eight weeks to get back to you. If you do not hear from us within that period, please assume that your proposal has been turned down.
- Our editorial process is very thorough, and you may be asked to conduct multiple rounds of revisions before we finalize your piece for publication. We have found that contributors appreciate this extra care and attention we provide to their work.
- To review our general guidelines, click here.
For any further questions, please contact us on the following e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org.